29 November 2016

Cute Scottie Dog Ornament...

This scottie dog ornament is 'OH SO CUTE'!

It's a simple hand stitched ornament that is basic enough for the older kids to create for the Christmas tree.
And a pretty neat gift for those little white dog lovers.
You will need:
A template printed
White felt
Thin wadding
embroidery cotton in the colour of your choice.
an embroidery needle
scissors.

Save as and print the template.
Choose the size you like.
Cut it out.

Place on felt that has been folded in half with the wadding as the middle layer.

Pin template onto the felt layers 

Cut it out.

Hand stitch around the outer edge...
 using embroidery cotton.

Stitch on a bead eye.

Add a little bell at the bottom of the neck.

Then stitch back up to top of the neck as shown.

Add a ribbon hanger.

And a nose -
I used a rose embellishment.

Now is this wee scottie cute? 
Or the cutest?


Linking at:
❥ Snickerdoodle Sunday. 

#felt #craft #handstitched #christmas #ornament #diy




8 comments:

  1. Tracey this is just too, too cute. I wish I had seen it sooner. I would have loved to make some for my tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. My son's family have a little Australian terrier that we all love very much. Thank you for the template this is the perfect little ornament to make for the girl's tree.

    Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too doggonned adorable. Since I can now use my time to make whatever I feel like will make few of these. What is wadding, is that like batting between layers? Decided to call halt on decorating so now can enjoy season without undue stresses? A first of sorts for me.
    Last year had right shoulder replaced on 12/7 so time was spent with visits from Home Health to monitor my progress. Didn't have time or energy/ability to do much else., even be on here for while.Had to keep decorating etc.very simple, showing me can be done. Decided would do all possible to do that every holiday season from then on, Amen. Family informed me it's much better that way, in other words wasn't stressed out crabby old woman, lol.
    Your little Scotty's are too cute, will enjoy making them.
    Enjoy rest of your weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wadding is the same as batting. Glad you are on the mend. I am stepping back now too to enjoy the holidays. One more post and then relaxation time. :)

      Delete
  4. This is so cute, I love it! Such a fun idea! Thank you for linking up at Sweet Inspiration this week Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool and easy project. They turn out so adorable, Tracey xo

    Carla aka Mrs R @ SimplifyLifeWithMrsR.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment